How to Make Yourself Better in Freelance Marketplace
Freelancing is a skill selling the game, and the demand and expectation would have no bound when the freelancers are more skilled and much professional as to when more freelance jobs are accomplished and more clients are handled. Refining the specializations with new skills and have expertise on any new projects, getting more star rated feedbacks raise yourself as a better freelancer in the popular marketplaces like Upwork, Freelancer.com, and so on. As you are growing, as your quality is being improved, as you already know how to make money as a freelancer, there is a considerable chance to fix your selling price bit higher. If you do not do this now, you are losing your money ultimately. However, you must have to consider some factors before making your rates higher than before. Have betterment in your profile, and rating might raise you on top or loosen you down. So, be careful and make the best decision you have ever taken to make yourself the best freelancer.
Just Higher Your Existing Rate: While your numbers of completed jobs are growing, while you are getting more high rated star feedbacks, change your rates go higher. Look at other similar contractors and match your skills with them. If you found you are better than them, then increase your price as you deserve it.
Study Other Similar Freelancer’s Profile: Check out what they are doing and how they have reached such higher rates. Study their profiles and decorate your profile in the same way. Check out their works, their feedbacks, and the clients whom they are dealing with.
Build your Skills in the High Rated Jobs: Not all kinds of jobs can help you to build your reputation in the freelance field, and not all of the tasks can give you the recognition you expect.
Build Your Skills in the Jobs in Higher Demand: Check out the Freelancer Marketplaces’ latest Works trend and looks at what is being hot these days. Higher demand means higher rates can be obtained from the buyers.
Participate in the Free Skill Test & Enrich Your Profile: Free Skills test provided by some favorite freelancer places might be an excellent source to promote your skills. Whenever you pass on a test, your given result will be added automatically to your profile. I think this is a great way to make one’s profile vibrant and gorgeous. The more expertise you have on any given skill, the better chance you will have to get hired. This is a real way to help the contractors to hire freelancers effectively.
Link your professional web portfolio with your Freelance Marketplace Profile: You should have a professional-looking portfolio webpage or a blog where you can show your expertise to the whole world. Whatever jobs you have completed, link it to your portfolio webpage, and make it connected to your freelance marketplace profile. Add your LinkedIn profile to your marketplace profile so that the buyers can explore more information about your expertise from that profile too. Another way is a great way to show your professionalism, which may let your buyers assume that how serious, dedicated, and professional you are in the respective field.
Write Unique & Informative Cover Letter For Each Application: Try to write a unique and informative cover letter for each client you want to reach. A well-described cover letter raises the chances of getting hired by about 200%.
Ignore the Low-Quality Jobs: Low-quality jobs related to your skills might harm your expertise quality, and it adds an odd impression to your profile. So ignore such low-quality posts if you are not in a hurry for money.
Select the Jobs That Best Match with Your Skills Only: Don’t choose the remote jobs that don’t exactly match with the skills you own. This kind of attempt will dissatisfy the buyers, and thus the contractors like you will be in real trouble.
Follow the steps mentioned above and be a better professional freelancer in all of the marketplaces you want and assist the buyers in outsourcing effectively.
How to Get Your First Job Easily as a Freelancer?
Getting the very first job in various freelancing platforms like Freelancer.com, Upwork, or Elance.com seems quite sturdy, and this is a real disappointing phenomenon but sadly right to the newcomers. I have read lots of posts and comments about how many days they have been trying to manage a job and how long they had to wait for their very first job. The Buyers or Clients (who posts work) always look for an expert in their chosen area. They like to hire the best freelancers to get their tasks done, which is very natural for everybody, and even you (if you were a buyer) will expect it. Nobody wants to spend his or her money on an unprofessional output.
However, here are some proven and most recommended ways to get your very first Job in the freelance marketplace quickly:-
- Complete Your Profile First: Before applying for any job, don’t forget to complete your profile with as much information as your own. While you use for a job, the first thing a buyer does is to check your profile. They evaluate how much professional you are and how much dedicated you can be for your next freelance jobs. An incomplete pattern causes a severe lousy impression which will drive your buyers bounced from your profile. Listen, they are hiring you to do freelance work for their business where professionalism matters.
- Use a Real Photo on Your Profile: Nobody wants to hire a scam worker. You must have to prove yourself as a real person to whom the buyers will feel comfortable to deal with. Thus, adding a real and beautiful looking photo on the profile picture section might increase your authentication rate and the chances of being hired.
- Accumulate As Much Works History As You Can: In the portfolio section of your profile, add as much accomplished worklist as you can. The more works in your portfolio, the better the chances to be hired. Buyers always look for an expert, and on your end, the more actions you have done, the higher experienced and expert you are. So, accumulate your work’s link from outside of the freelancing sites (your local clients or self-developed projects) and add these to your accomplished jobs.
- Participate in Tests Related to your Expertise: As you are going to build your career in freelancing World, you already owned a skill. So, participate as many tests as you can that are freely provided by some popular Freelance Marketplaces like Upwork.com and Freelancer.Com. These tests will recognize you as an expert in your arena.
- Write Powerful & Enticing Cover Letter: Make your cover letter as descriptive as you can. However, don’t use any unrelated and fluffy words to make your cover letter too long. Highlight your recently accomplished related jobs of this project and mention how successful you are in this job sector. Give your buyer a clue about how you will achieve this job at a step by step process if you are hired and let him also know that how well you have understood his project. Attach some links of your previous related work and mention how fast and efficiently you can do this work for him.
These tips mentioned above are the surefire ways to get the very first freelancing jobs in various freelance marketplaces. Follow the tips and start a sweet money making journey today.